Museum, Libraries, and Historic Property Collections
Whether your client’s museum is a private or public organization, Markel provides all-risk coverage for the collection and changing exhibitions, including protection for temporary and long-term loans, both to and from the museum.
- Art library and records
- Display cases & packing crates
- Goods in transit
For galleries that do not have collections and require insurance to cover only their exhibition program, Markel offers a flexible, cost-effective coverage solution. Click here for more information.
Insuring an art practice is more than just protecting premises and stock against damage or theft. Markel provides seamless and flexible coverage for business exposures, as well.
- Commercial property
- Bailee legal liability
- Business interruption
- Property floaters
- Property of a fine art nature, including paintings, pictures, etchings, tapestries, rugs, art glass windows, antique furniture, books, memorabilia, and coin and stamp collections
- Other bona fide works of rarity, historical value or artistic merit, including jewelry, wine, and musical instruments
- Commercial general liability: Limits up to $1 million per occurrence/$2 million aggregate
- Employment practices liability
- Host liquor liability
- Commercial auto
- Hired and non-owned and auto
- Umbrella: Limits up to $5 million (higher limits available)
Click here to print the Museums product sheet.